Introduction to the Common Core
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based.
- CCSM: The New Mathematics Standards
- Larry Ferlazzo's Blog - Common Core Resource List
- Common Core
- Teaching the Core
- Tools for the Common Core Standards
- Common Core Blog
- Core Knowledge Blog
- Core Commons
- The Learning Network - Common Core information from the N.Y. Times
- All Things Common Core
- Pearson Common Core Blog
- Common Core Watch
- Core Commons
- Ed Tech Digest
Common Core for Kids
- Learning Targets - Common Core in Kids' Terms
Grade by Grade Common Core Curriculum
- California Common Core Standards for Language Arts
- Tulare County Unwrapped ELA standards
- Read Works - the solution to reading comprehension
- Smarter Balanced Rubrics for ELA
Parents and the Common Core
- CA K-8 Parent Handbook for Common Core
- Parent Roadmaps for Math & L.A. - see left margin
- Parent Guides to the Common Core Standards
- K-8 California's Parent Guide to Common Core Standards - see left margin
- What do Parents Need to Know?
- A Parent's Guide to the Common Core - from education.com
- Spotlight on the Common Core Standards - What do Parents Need to Know?
Practice Common Core Standards
How Common are You?
State Adoption Info.
Implementation (click to read)
- Better Lessons - lesson planning for the Common Core from NEA